Performance & Engineering
- Thermal performance testing by Morrison Hershfield
- Structural testing by Intertek
- Made exclusively in North America by Sobotec Ltd.
- Made out of durable, heavy-duty Galvalume
- Effective in all climate zones
Energy-Efficiency & Sustainability
- Meets & Exceeds ASHRAE 90.1 Requirements
- Significantly improves R-Values
- Contributes to LEED Credits
- Manufactured from naturally sourced materials
- Assists in reducing the building’s carbon footprint
- Economical and extremely cost-effective
Simple Installation & Assembly
- Horizontal and vertical configurations
- Adjustable to allow for better alignment
- Universal design for continuous installation (CI) systems
- Installs on all building substrates
- Can be used with several types of insulation
- For use in new or retrofit construction projects
Multiple sizes available
Available in 3”, 4”, 5”, 6” and Custom Sizes
PROVEN PERFORMANCE & ENGINEERING:
Designed for the Building Industry
The SLT-Clip was developed on sound engineering principles with proven real-world performance and testing. Architects and engineers now have the assurance and certainty to specify a high-performing product that achieves their design and energy-efficiency goals.
Designed for the building industry, the Sobotec SLT-Clip meets and exceeds ASHRAE 90.1 standards by creating a thermal break as an intermittent structural attachment for cladding projects requiring continuous insulation systems. For an optimized thermal break, the SLT-Clip has a thermal separator which acts as an insulated buffer assisting in the reduction of thermal bridging at the clip.
This ultimately results in better thermal performance by reducing thermal transmission through the insulated wall assembly as analyzed and tested by Morrison Hershfield Building Envelope Consultants.
Further testing by Intertek shows that the SLT-Clip is engineered for all specific structural, and building load requirements. It is also non-combustible and has the durability to withstand the elements such as wind and snow. For more information on testing or system details, please visit the Product Literature section.
INSTALLATION & ASSEMBLY:
- Simple and Easy Installation, Saving Time & Money
- Sobotec’s SLT-Clip installs quicker and easier than other thermal framing clips on the market.
- Our SLT-Clip is simply anchored in place with fasteners and installs on all building substrates and structures such as concrete, steel studs, wood and masonry. It can also be used with several types of insulation.
- Engineered with a universal design for continuous insulation systems, the SLT-Clip supports industry standard wall-cladding systems and is also available in custom sizes.
- For adjustments or alignment, the SLT-Clip has multiple slots that also assist in providing effortless fastening and attaching to the horizontal z-girts or vertical hat tracks which support the rain-screen cladding systems.
The SLT-Clip is made out of heavy duty Galvalume™ which has proven superior performance as a building material. Galvalume™ is the proprietary name for galvanized steel that has been finished with a patented alloy coating composed of 55% aluminum and approximately 45% zinc by weight.
This unique combination provides the extended durability of aluminum and the galvanic protection of zinc, in addition to exceptional corrosion resistance that is more than two-times that of galvanized steel.
Ready to place an order? Or have questions about the SLT-Clip?Get in Touch